Die-ins or Other Blank-ins
- Die-ins are a form of protest that create a powerful visual image of people lying on the ground to raise awareness of a specific conflict. Consider having participants wear similar colors, have messages on their shirts (see Materials section), and/or hold banners and signs.
- Jewish die-in example at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeqhL_wwmUs
- A sit-in/lock-down in front of , SF http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1O8il0AxSI
- Street theater is a creative way of creating a message to the public and can often be focused on a specific audience, depending on timing and placement. Re-enactments, staged incidents, and performances are all possible theater actions.
- An example of street theater in NYC to protest Israeli settlements: http://nyc.indymedia.org/or/2008/03/95884.html